Alexander W. Hermanowski
Attorney at Law
Most people call me Alex and I invite you to do the same. I am an attorney and my promise to you is that I will do my best to help you.
I became a lawyer to help people. Most people get nervous or scared when speaking with an attorney because these are stressful conversations. I will do my best to make our conversations informed, respectful, and realistic. I will do my best to make sure you understand your options so you can decide on what makes sense for you.
I started my career as a financial planner. Unfortunately it was a terrible time to start in the financial industry as the financial crisis just started.
After a few years, I decided that I needed to find a better way to help people so I quit my job and moved to Michigan to go to law school. After finishing law school, I took and passed the Michigan, New York, and New Jersey Bar Examinations. I then decided to stay in Michigan and try to help people here.
I was hired by the University of Michigan Student Legal Services. I still work there helping students with a variety of legal issues. My hunger to help people did not end there. That is when I decided I could help even more people by having my own practice. That is how Hermanowski Law started.
Most people don't like going to the lawyer, doctor, or dentist. I will do my best to make sure its as easy on you as possible.
My goal is to put you in a better position than you were before you came to me. This means that I will explain the process, help you understand your options, and guide you so that you can make informed decisions.
I will tell you how it is, but I will not belittle you, I will not make you feel dumb, I will not ignore you. When you decide to hire me, I will be there to help you.
Education, Experience, and Associations
- Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA - BS in Business Administration -2002-2006
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School - Ann Arbor, MI - JD in Litigation -2010-2013
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan - Trial College - 2015
- Volunteer Attorney for the Washtenaw County Public Defender Office - 2011-2012
- University of Michigan Student Legal Services 2014 - Present
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Washtenaw County Bar Association - Co Chairman for Criminal Law and New Lawyers Sections
- Ypsilanti Bar Association
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM)
Call Me For Your Free Consultation at (734) 887-6079
I am available for a free initial consultation by appointment only. We can meet over the phone, at your home/office, or at my location. Please call to schedule your free meeting