Wills & Trusts
I believe that everyone needs a Will in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, MI, as well as across the state of Michigan. Depending on your situation, you may also need a trust to protect your loved ones after being gone. There are many types of trusts in Michigan. Each trust serves a different purpose and has different rules. As your estate planning attorney, I can provide information to help you to select the right trust.
Another thing everyone should consider is healthcare powers of attorney or durable powers of attorney for healthcare. These are important because they help healthcare workers and your family figure out what to do when you can’t make decisions for yourself. Estate planning in Michigan can be complicated, but it doesn’t have to be.
Here are some of the things I can draft for you as your Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor, MI estate planning lawyer:
- Revocable Grantor Trust
- Revocable Family Trust
- Irrevocable Grantor Trust
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Qualified Terminable Interest Property Trust
- First Party Special Needs Trust
- Third Party Special Needs Trust
- Testamentary Trust
- Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- Powers of Attorney for College Students
- Powers of Attorney for Unmarried Adult Children
- Financial Power of Attorney
If your situation is not complicated and all you need is a simple Will, then we can discuss your options. As an estate planning lawyer, I can review your situation at no cost to help you determine what steps you should take.